PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wage Slaves? - RAeS article on P2F
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 07:57
dl_88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day all, i would like to share some of my views about this P2F issue.

I'm a student pilot currently. And i'm against this scheme that airlines do to screw the pilots around. It's really disgusting and degrading. To pay a fortune in flight training and still have to fork out another fortune to get a job? now that is really ridiculous. Honestly i do not know of any other industry that makes you pay to get a job.

From what i know and see, is that there is a gap between the period of time where newly minted CPL pilots with endorsements graduate from flight school and the point where they can meet the initial requirements of most flying jobs i see in advertisements.

At most, they will finish their training with 250-300hrs flight time, but most jobs (just from the ads i look through) have requirements of at least 500-1000hrs flight time. Even for smaller companies they have a high requirement. Not many companies will hire a low timer fresh out of flight school.

Why aren't the regulating authorities working to stop this? Sooner or later this totally undermine the pilots rights in the future. I'm guessing if this happened in any other industry, that industry would be up in arms and the governments would take a stand on it. Why isn't this happening to the aviation industry.