PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Central Section EBA
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 04:03
glekichi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seeing that we work the same shifts and seem to be forever overtaking each other on the salary front, having the nurses under the same eba would make sense in terms of a united workforce. At the moment it seems like either one or the other is always in the middle of an eba, bringing with it all the usual unpleasantries.
Still, a nation wide pilot's eba is what we really need, and, as has been said, the ability to move between bases.
I still don't know how it would work with our differing rosters. We need some kind of equation that considers and puts different weights on standby time, actual duty time, time of day, and flight time to give an overall figure that is easy to compare. I'd imagine that would plug right into an FRMS algorithm too.
We have been told that our roster of five on, grey day, two off means we are less productive than qld thus the pay gap, but I don't see how that could be. We fly 550-600hrs a year as is, averaging around 45hrs a week of rostered standby of which around 35hrs become actual duty, plus the usual few hours of overtime outside of rostered standby times.
Plus, if ya ask Wally we need some danger money for flying the single too!