PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Para Pay?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 23:26
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi to all, and thanks for the replies, I'll try and answer them as respectfully as possible as I did not mean to inflame...

I'll bet you've flown in an aircraft too... Not quite the same as jumping out of it though, is it?
Done it for charity - scared the **** out of me' also been on the end of an RAF SK winch - didnt like that either (The Pilot thought I could do with inspecting the port funnel on my ship - either that or he was crap ) - my point is that you do it because you want to do it. if HMG gave you good people a 50% pay increase tomorrow I would be the last to complain. But remember your there by choice.

(Oh, and the Civil Service grade you quoted as a "Lt RN equivilant" is no such thing. It is merely a mechanism for determining what grade of accomadation you are entitiled to should you have to spend the odd night out of bed!)
Then why did I have responsibilty for comms projects that required the navy/ RAF to provide LT and above? I never believed this myself until i became a Project Manager.

And BTW when in Moscow camp (belfast - became my 2nd home) I always got accom in the SR's mess - The officers mess was always full of - officers!