PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2011, 11:20
Opti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woa! This has been such an eye opener. As a wannabe who's saving and planning to get into commercial aviation, I can say I have learned so much reading threads on here, especially this one. As if it weren't enough of a bummer to find out that obtaining an ATPL is difficult, now I know that type rating is another costly requirement that won't garauntee any jobs. Pffffffft, sitting here thinking of my chances at my dream career as a pilot with EK, I realize that I have better chances at becoming the queen of England! I don't know anybody in the aviation idustry and I keep reading that there are many unqualified wannabes getting jobs because of their dad's status, which if I see just one more time, I might lose whatever hope I have left.

This thread touches me very deeply. A year ago I was about to make a foolish sacrifice for aviation and I was about to go out on a limb to chase my dream. I really am saddened to hear things didn't work out for you or your friend. I hope you get good karma for grounding the wannabes, like me, and sobbering them up to the bitter reality of the situation.