PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EPI
Thread: EPI
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 06:43
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPI

Firstly "please" we all know never to let a pilot invest your money for you, so lets not let this thread turn into a "I told you so" thread. EPI did a good job in the past but post GFC things going a little somewhat sideways on the returns (understandably).

Just a question for those "partners' who have a share or 2, would you prefer to just get back the value of your current holding even at a loss or would you prefer to stay in the syndicate for years to come and get the same return as your initial investment? To me, if the current board plan is to return the initial investment in years to come then that's a loss to me as over time. The intial investments value might have halved in its original purchasing power with currency devaluations and increasing inflation during the course the fund was run.

To me it might seem that the fund/scheme is continuing to be run to pay the board/workforce a fair salary which is not transparent in the audits unless I missed that before? Also the letter mentioned that those running the scheme are not barred from having other job/interests? Surely running a $50mil fund needs to be a full time job?

If you have a share and read this, please answer with your wish to continue the scheme or if you would prefer (if you were able) to just take whatever your share value is worth now and leave the scheme?