PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 hours twin for just $5495.00????
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2002, 21:20
Capt. Horatio Slappy !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All !. .I used to be an FAA Flight Instructor prior to flying charter then commuters and now FR8.. .I gave over 1800 hrs of Instruction and flew over 1300 hrs FAR Part 135 with 2 crew.. .The only time the FAA allows two pilots to log P1 time is in the case of a non-instrument rated pilot receiving Instrument Instruction for the attainment of his Instrument rating in actual IMC conditions by a certified Instrument flight instructor under an Instrument flight plan filed in the name of the said Instructor. That is the only time this would be the case.. .In 135 charter operations it is not unusual for the operator to request and be granted permission from the FAA to use Second In Command Pilots as part of their operation, this authorisation takes the form of an inclusion in the operators Operational Specifications ( List of FAA authorisations and compliance requirements for the operators Air Carrier certificate ). .Most piston twins do not require two crew and any Second in Command may log only that time that they actually manipulate the controls THAT TIME MUST BE LOGGED AS SECOND IN COMMAND as stipulated in their letter of authorisation to operate as Sec In Comm post successfull checkride.. .This SIC time will be sold at 25 to 50 bux an hour depending on the block-time purchased.. .Alternatively you may yourself rent a twin for a block of time that may realistically cost from 120 to 200 dollars depending on the amount of time purchased and the type rented, I have seen an old Piper Apache go for 85 dollars per hour ' Wet ', this was some years ago.. .Instead of listening to stupid advice from JAR folks who obviously revel in their mis-perceived superiority and have absolutely no clue about what they are talking about you may e-mail me direct for additional info about flying in the U.S. or anything else I may be of assistance in.. .I am an Ex-Brit currently flying FR8 for a living and would be glad to help!!!