PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of low time pilots slammed
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2011, 01:55
Attack Fighter 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Low time pilots

Well I did not realise my post would create so much heat.....in reply to BombsGone I take offence to the suggestion that I am somebodys stooge. I am a retired Airline Captain with 20000 hrs flight time. Re the RAAF situation....I saw a lot of them come across to the Airline I was with.....I did not see any stand out aces amongst them. They all must have gone to the opposition.....why is it that some pilots can only justify there attitude by scare mongering....eg the comment about going into Wellington on a dark night......You fly the aircraft through the sky to a 45 metre wide chunk of concrete...where it is is irrelavent. Just about every situation (not all) is covered by a checklist. Co-pilots have to demonstrate competency in simulators many times a year....how many Commercial jets have we lost in this country??........How many have the RAAF lost??.....The difference between RAAF and Airlines is that RAAF pilots crash planes and kill pilots.....take the B707 case as an example.....I am not here for an argument.....just stating things as I see them. CASA is the safety Regulatory body.......do they see a problem?? Have a nice day everone....