PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 21:49
jpthomas72

BD/LH to FRA

Interesting reports about BHX-FRA, esp as a certain reliablity used to be LH's main argument over BE, justifying their fairly substancial fare difference. Which is probably about double these days ? My personal experience was that the 22:00 back from FRA was rarely on time on Sunday evenings. Haven't done LH for a while though. Going BE, you'd also have the issue that FRA's train stations are at terminal 1, while BE go to terminal 2. BTW, FRA might be the worst airport for short-haul in Germany, too big, too many delays, short-haul never get priority. I go for CGN and DUS when I can. Bits of FRA are also ageing. This over-tight security at BE's departure gate which has US flights at neighbour gates. Very surprising to hear BD/LH has less connections from the 18:30 departure, esp TXL but also DRS, PRG, GVA would be very obvious, and have been done. Branching-out BHX and MAN to BD has a certain smell of "Well, we don't care anymore, really." to it. LH has strategically placed LX (ok, Helvetic) as the more competitive offer fare-wise (e.g. to GVA), and also MUC, which is a much better place than FRA.