PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 09:46
BHX2FRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmi FRANKFURT

OltonPete -

I have heard a few (but only a few) passengers enquiring of the cabin crew whether they would miss their onward connection. Prior to April when LH operated the flight with an earlier departure time of 1825, the flight was often met in FRA with a variety of buses - some to take passengers direct to their connecting flight to other cities in Germany/Europe. Since April and the later departure time I have not seen this happen - perhaps the later timing of the flight (to allow the same aircraft to operate BHX-FRA-BHX three times a day) has resulted in the loss of these connections.

The current trend of late arrivals means that I often miss my onward train connection and have to spend an additional 1 hour 10 minutes in Frankfurt! This week I was lucky and caught the train with two minutes to spare. I still prefer to risk this rather than take the earlier departure with FlyBe.

I tend to fly the same timings each week (out 1840 in 2225 two days later) so I can't give you a general view on loadings. The flights are not full and I would estimate over 80%. I did travel back on the 1730 Friday timing one week in April when the 319 was in use and this sector was full - but I guess you might expect this at the end of the working week.