PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK trainer's "pay"
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 00:40
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dubaicrew, most of the wives wouldn't be doing that either, the maid would

Agree, there are (thankfully a minority) of FD crew out there who think we have all the time in the world to cater to their sometimes bizarre requests. There are, however, an equal amount of cabin crew who think they are above accommodating even the slightest request for something that deviates from the norm. Want to BYO your own lunch Captain? Certainly, give me some notice as to when you want it & I'll gladly heat it up. You want a different dressing on the salad, okay, I'll go ask F if they have another type. Just please be patient if you call us in the middle of a service

Does annoy me to see crew who just can't be bothered to even go and say "hi" once on an 8-hour plus flight... c'mon, it's 30sec out of your life and a chance to escape from the back for a bit. Some cabin crew complain that cockpit never talk much about anything. Err... last time I checked a conversation was 2 sided, ask them stuff, about their family, where they're from, that iPad they're not supposed to be using...

Sorry for the thread drift, back to the point, it seems many of the problems/issues we as crew (either FD or CC) have with the company boil down to management not recognising that not everything comes down to money and the beancounters ignoring things which may not be immediately measurable in money (i.e. morale, sense of engagement etc) but which if taken care of properly will more than pay for any initial investment in the long run. The areas which usually suffer are training and working conditions.

Just look at the airline industry elsewhere to see how that one can work out...