PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK trainer's "pay"
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 19:31
Fack5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if anyone has any complaints and is not a trainer then don't complain as you have no knowledge except rumours
What the line pilots have is the "evidence-based" knowledge of the product you are sending out to the line and in many cases, that's more than enough: An imbalance of well-trained pilots (read well-prepared and good attitude, getting themselves through the "training") versus those typified by lack of preparation, non-adherence to SOPs, non-adherence to standard calls, non-adherence to correct RT procedures, and general slack, lazy approach.

I have many complaints about what you are letting through, Jack. This is my right.

Cabin crew have seen a miserly increase just announced with pursers getting a grand total of 100 dhs a month extra on basic
Now and then, you meet some great cabin crew who look after the flight crew well and everyone is getting along famously and treating each other as equals (more or less) and fellow professionals. FOr these crew, I feel sympathy at their treatment and lack of reasonable change in recompense.

But the general CC standard is disinterested, lackadaisical, grudging "service" by crew who have not the slightest motivation beyond JUST maintaining what their impression of the required standards has devolved to over the years. Barely able and/or willing to hold a conversation, they make no effort to hide the fact they have little, if any, interest in the well-being of the flight crew and so they shouldn't be surprised if many drivers do not give a rat's ass about their conditions!