PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK trainer's "pay"
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 12:13
thrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ob's,
The point is, who are the 'customers' of the training department?
Mainly line pilots.
Who is the training department trying to attract to become trainers?
Line pilots.
Whether or not you, as a trainer, respect your bosses is irrelevant as I (for one), cannot see the good you are talking about.
I can see that every training event is now graded and can be failed (that doesn't concern me particularly however I have an issue with the 'concept' of failing a training session).
I can see a change to the format of PPCs and whatever it is you call the new 'check' and wonder why. Evidence-based training? Please. What professor in some university who has never flown an aircraft came up with that? Reason?
I can also see a newbie network of 'old boys' taking over when we already have good guys onboard who are being passed over, or not applying to be management, for some reason, i.e. AS, JA, MM, RN...care to comment?
And one final point. Who earns money for the airline? Line pilots or trainers? The training department is a cost. Airplanes from A to B earn revenue. I fail to see how trainers expect to earn more money. Non-flying trainers and checkers would be a cheaper option all round.