PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK trainer's "pay"
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 07:31
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly off topic but reflective perhaps of the current culture within this Company.

Cabin crew have seen a miserly increase just announced with pursers getting a grand total of 100 dhs a month extra on basic. Their flight pay has been increased by 2 or 3 dhs an hour. My calculations makes that a 2% rise on basic and just under 3 on flight pay. That averages out at just under 2.5% overall. Half of their salary is made up of flight pay hence their indifference also to the profit share. The purser last night was livid. A 'smack in the face' was how she described it after 18 months of 115-125 hour months and 7-8 days off. She said that was the decision made and would be leaving in November. When she does, she will personaly give KG a 100 dhs note and tell him to put it towards filling up his Company Mercedes GL. "What can I realistically do with just another 100 dhs a month with prices rising everywhere", she said. "I'd rather go back home and be poor than poor here!" The really sad part was that she meant it. She was also bloody brilliant at her job and was, without doubt, one of the better pursers i've recently flown with. She said she was also tired of flying with incompetent crew, especially some SFS's who were there only because of a clean sickness record and nothing to do with ability, common sense and personality.

Doesn't it just sum up how greed is slowly destroying this airline. I'm not sure how many are leaving each month but with the large numbers needed, I can only see things getting worse on the other side of the door within the next 6-12 months.

Harry