PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 20th May 2011, 06:12
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ceannairceach
I hear from an ATSA at my unit today that at their briefing they were told there was simply no money left in the pot for a larger pay rise than that already offered for the ATSAs.
I went to the Swanwick briefing yesterday and we were told the same thing. In fact the analogy drawn by management was that they're selling a car, we're buying it, they've made their lowest offer but it doesn't meet the unions highest offer. So who do you believe, can they really not reduce the price of the car a bit more?
Yet EFD seems to have a bottomless pit of money allocated to it,
I think you're thinking of iFACTS which has cost 5 times as much as EFD Projects have to bid for cash which is allocated from the monies budgeted for projected spend for projects. But that's a one off spend, pay is year on year and increases now are carried forward every year.
No doubt our owners will get a decent chunk of spoils in the form of a dividend shortly.
That includes us (if you kept your shares) because we also own part of the business. As stated on NATSNET the dividend pot is a separate one which the government regulator allows NATS. In poor years there has been no bonus.
And perhaps someone could remind us how much Baron, Hoskins et al walked away with. Their pots were positively overflowing with money it would appear.
One off payments, agreed as part of their contract and budgeted for accordingly.
So I suspect there will be little sympathy amongst the ATSA community for management's sob story aimed in their direction.
Depends whether you believe them or not. The most interesting point for me was over why not core deal for the very first time as this was seen as the most divisive thing about the whole pay deal. The finger was very firmly pointed at the unions as being the ones who rejected a core deal and each went their separate way for divisional deals.

BD