PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Melbourne accident: final report?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2011, 05:20
captainsmiffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WK, you know VERY WELL that you are responding to a part of my sentence and ridiculing it to score a cheap point whilst ignoring the rest. The actual statement I made was this.." I would never be so arrogaant as to assume that I could do it all myself to the extent that I would refuse the help/watchful eye of two other experienced and professional eyes in the cockpit and actively shun them". Now that is a million miles from saying that I 'need help' in setting up a cockpit...... That is an acknowledgement that man is not infallible; why is there an augment team there? Because of the duty times and that implies that we might, just might be tired etc....So that extra pair of eyes is a welcome thing. Get off of your hobby horse and do a CRM course, learn to be a team member again. If my statement really is that hard for you to follow, WK, then let's put it in a more basic format - if the resource is there then use it! Do I really need to spell that out?!

Interestingly, you posted earlier that

'If I'm operating PIC I tell the augment guys to stay out of the flightdeck until doors close... If I'm augmenting I will stay out anyway.'
You then posted this
'Then again, as an augment guy I have seen some incredible fannying around up frontYou know, do we take 2.3 tonnes extra to MEL or 1.9 tonnes'
How would you know if you, presumably, were following your own rigid rules and hadn't actually entered the cockpit as the augment?! Is it one rule for you and a different one for everybody else?