PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training Incident
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2011, 16:32
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blowing airspace, IMO, is like breaking the speed limit. Yes its illegal, and yes (in certain provinces) you will loose points with the regulators, but in the overall grand scheme of things its not that major (all things considered).

Of course, you did not mention if, by breaking the airspace, you caused a potential collision with an aircraft operating in that airspace. If you did, thats a little more serious.

They (TC) will keep a record but I would not worry too much. If an employer ever asked if you have ever busted airspace, just answer honestly. They will be more impressed that you answer honestly than anything - besides, if you only hold a Student Pilot Permit right now, its going to potentially be more than 5 years before you're flying commercially anyways, which is as long as most employers want to know about your record for.

Plus - be careful with the whole "unlicenced" thing. a Student Pilot Permit authorizes you to operate an aircraft as Pilot-in-Command with strict restrictions, therefore you are responsible for your actions just as any other Pilot-in-Command. Of course, if your instructor was onboard they would be the Pilot-in-Command and you have nothing to worry about (other than a bruised ego)!

Just dont do it again and remember to run it through your SMS to find the root cause of your mistake then come up with your short and long term corrective actions!