PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2001, 22:57
Thrawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Why do some people constantly try and undermine companies for their own amusement.
Guvnor you seem to have become the airline industries prophet of doom. Your posts some of which are informative can also undermine companies and start rumours that are far from the truth.
Where did you get some of your info on Virgin, yes we do have problems, but doesn't every airline at the moment.

As I believe the redundancies made by Virgin are for the good of the airline to survive, in the current climate. Would some of you like to see Virgin go under and for many good people to lose their income or should we all start sticking together and working to get through this.
Every company has problems with management and some of Virgins problems may have come from within, but we can all learn from our mistakes and hopefully Virgin can come through this and be a leaner hopefully more efficient airline.
I like a lot of others within Virgin do not know how long the company may go on for, it could be Years or Months. I like to think it will be the former.
I know this is a rumour network, but lets get sensible about this, 7000 employees depend on Virgin for their monthly income.

Before you all start on me yes this is my first post and I feel very strongly about my company as some of you might about your own.
In times like these VS,BA,BD and all the other UK airlines should be getting together and helping each other survive or none of us may have jobs next year.