PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 23:40
johnnychips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lounges at Man and Websites

I don't want this to be a 'what plane is operating my flight?' thing, but I'm rather confused.

Unlike all you seasoned travellers on this site, I've never travelled Business Class before. But in a couple of weeks time, I'm travelling Swiss to Barcelona changing at Geneva, and I thought, what the hell!

I wondered if I could use a lounge at MAN. So I went on Swiss's website, which indeed confirmed I could use the Wilmslow lounge in T1. Now before you all rapaciously reach for your typing fingers, I realised my flight was operated by BMI from T3 - Swiss may indeed operate their own flights from T1.

The BMI website on lounges was not helpful and seemed to focus on what they offered at LHR. Perhaps I missed a link, but the fact I did either makes me thick or it wasn't well signed,

So I tried MAN's website and found a section on 'Lounges'. Lo and behold there was a 'bmi Executive lounge' in T3.

Whether to do some serious work or completely chill-out [sic], our world-beating selection of lounges are havens of peace and serenity before your flight.
Just click on a lounge to find out more and start relaxing

I did click and, of course, nothing happened.

So apart from being a personal query (which I'd be delighted to get an answer for, i.e. which lounge could I use and if so what are the facilities?), could MAN and the airlines' websites get their acts together to provide better information?

Last edited by johnnychips; 17th May 2011 at 23:57. Reason: Getting correct quote