PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th May 2011, 20:46
L337

the lunatic fringe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have I missed something?

Isn't this dispute now over?

Do you still want to argue with each other?
I joined BA in 1987. Years before I joined, a deal was done over First Class food, pay and the pilots. Thirty years later BA Cabin crew are still bitter and remember that agreement. Thirty years and still counting.

BA at LHR is still the most dysfunctional, bitter, divided, odorous, and unhappy place I have ever had to work from. It is filled with hatred and jealousy. Bitterness and anger. Words cannot explain just how dysfunctional it all is. However these BA CC Industrial Relations threads have demonstrated perfectly to one and all just how dysfunctional it is.

The damage done will live on for generations. Bitter simple minds will carry all of this forward for years to come. Pilots and CC equally. And sadly both camps are equally guilty. Yet both spend acres and acres of time and energy blaming the other.

I have seen pilots glazed over with anger at the CC, and I have seen CC seething with bitterness. The two sides are doomed never to reconcile.

BA managers do not care. And will not care until an accident happens. (al la Kegworth). BA unions do not care as they have an agenda to divide demonise and to feather there own nests. All will continue on it's unhappy way until, god forbid, people die.

Yet in all of this, intelligent people on all sides exist. Those who meet as they find. Who do not label as "all pilots are bastards" or all CC are "feckless wasters." These people make the work worthwhile.

This has all existed for generations in BA. Old bitter pilots and Passed over Pursers. Bitter, alone, and unhappy.

Forever angry at each other, and all trapped in a small aluminium tube.