PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th May 2011, 14:46
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yellow Pen in post 4128 you quote me and then go on to identify a named individual in what I find an unacceptable manner on a public forum. This could damage the named individual not only personally but professionally.

At no time have I identified any named individual as ‘management treacle’. Indeed, if you read the settlement document you will note the it is agreed it is the job of the management to manage and the Union to represent the work force.

Keith Williams is our CEO and it his job to identify who may or may not be ‘treacle’, not you or I or even the BASSA forum. Please amend your post and remove the name or perhaps a MOD could.

Whilst any manager worth their salt will expect their name to appear on private employee forums, some may even see it as a measure of their effectiveness, pprune is a public forum and thought should be given to how your post could be read and the impact on the named individual.

As for ‘new behaviours’, this will be required by BOTH sides of the dispute if BASSAWitch’s outburst is any indication. Are you really a CSD?

I suggest a few refresh their memories regarding the social media guidelines and remember you are in a public arena posting on here.

As I said Betty Girl, the hard work starts now. Not all are happy with the deal and it appears some will find it harder to adjust to the more refreshing atmosphere. This dispute has created egos and power bases and not all may be ready to relinquish it.

Personally, I am ready for the new challenge of building our Brand again. How marvellous to harness my drive, determination and passion for the benefit of our Company under our CEO Keith Williams, working together instead of against each other.

Our Union will also retain the BASSA name, as there are other airlines to consider such as the BASSA branch at Thomson Fly. This may not please my 89(Amicus) friends but to achieve settlement, we will ALL have to embrace change.

The postings made by Dingbaticus on this site are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions