PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th May 2011, 11:06
BASSAwitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more hangers on

Indeed Johnconn. One of the hardest parts of being a CSD is keeping flightdeck and crew gelled together. I must say on balance, pilots are the easier to get along with. Crew bitch and moan, a lot are just thick trailer trash and many have embarrassed me and the good name of the company in public.

I've just enjoyed 18 months of peace and quiet, nice friendly drinks with "like minded" pilots and crew who can see the militants for what they are. Everyone has been bought a drink and (shock, horror) has bought one back. No arguments at the dinner table about only having salad and I haven't seen the old trick of someone not putting in their share when the bill comes round. It's been refreshing without the BASSA vitriol to be honest.

Let's do our own peace deal here and now. We'll invite the mentalists back if they promise to behave, promise to buy a drink for someone now and again and pay their fair share for dinner. In return, we'll promise to stay away from high brow conversation like politics, philosophy, business, the outside world and how it works. We can all hug and just get on with it. Like it was 15 years ago before BASSA corrupted the weak minded with their poisonous world view.

What say you Watersidewonker, you in or out? We get discount on room service matey, so make sure you mention it! There's only so much Pot Noodle one person can eat, what what?