PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France jet clips smaller plane at New York's JFK airport
Old 16th May 2011, 18:24
Annex14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSK

Guess for his wanted speedy departure even that video accelerated A 380 was moving to slow!!

But I am amazed this thread is still going.!! Thought all is said ?? Could add to my earlier post a few more reasons for the accident learned from this thread:
- A wreckless lory driver that cut off a planes travelling on the ramp
- Cramped parking and timeslots for use prevented a smooth taxy to position
- Probably - assumption - balloony, non standard, chat on ramp freq. prevented a warning in time from the RJ pilot that his tail was sticking into the safety space of TWY "A"
- A Ramp control that obviously is more involved in other tasks than safeguarding the activities in that area of responsibilty
- A "handover area" - ever heard about that at JFK ?? - Taxi/ Ramp not existing
- Probably an AF pilot trusting on the received clearance and assuming safe taxi lane
- AF crew probably distracted by other duties or the lighting situation at the place of the accident
- Razorblade thinned out (Quote) staffing in ATC

and so on and so on. I do not defer pilots responsibilties to other units or persons, but before someone should shed blame on another the conditions must fit international standards. Thats my personal opinion.
So lets look and wait what NTSB - FAA and Port Authority are party in that case and shouldn´t run the investigation - findings will be.
Jo