PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info for pilots looking to get into Emirates
Old 16th May 2011, 13:26
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my contract through today and was as was expected. Just wondering about those who advise against EK, what made you choose to go there and why with the industry "picking up", have you not made the move to pastures more watered?

People slag off loco pilots as not being good enough for major airlines so putting EK in the same umbarella (used lightly) does that mean those unhappy with EK fall into the same sub standard category and are unable to move?

I'm just curious on why people don't talk with their feet and leave as this seems to be the phrase on these forums. I'm coming from Fr and they get slated on these forums but I wont warn anyone off them. It's a way into the industry and from late 2007 it was pretty much the only way into the industry. Rather go there than be snobbish about what airline and type you you fly. I was always told take any job offered as it gets your foot in the door.

Anyway, take everything with a pinch of salt on here and it is all relative to where you come from and what you and indeed your family want. I've got a sim check in 2 weeks for a UK major but my family deteste the thought of moving to London. It's no longer about me me me!

Rant over and I have purposely left spelling and grammatical mistakes in this post to keep everyone happy.