PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2011, 13:04
1me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess it's safe to assume that those who "own" the bat and ball won't be playing the game quite the same way as we saw last time. No, I'm sure they've had their coaching and gathered in their dressing rooms to discuss the new game plan. They will have learned and mutated just like the way bacteria develop new more grotesque strains in resistance to medicine..

We should not be surprised at the levels to which they will stoop to win the game. We must expect the twists and turns that will come. These new guys won't enjoy the ride nor will they entertain the possibility that we have credibility and validity and strength. But, they will play hard.

It disappoints me immensely to see the blatant destruction that this current regime continues to wreak upon our once proud and highly esteemed company. Where once Qantas was the national icon, the essence of all that it is to be Australian, with a reputation for safety and quality second to none, it now barely holds a candle to its former self. I hold the current board along with their predecessors responsible for the slow death of Qantas; the continual undermining of the foundation of safety and respect for us as engineers and the work we do.

The character of a man becomes clear in adversity. I still hold to values that our predecessors gave heed; honesty, integrity, going the extra mile, taking pride in your work, close enough is not necessarily good enough..

As engineers I think there is still the essence of this within us all despite the constant dilution of respect, nay disdain and utter contempt held for us in the upper eschelons.

We have a proud history, and that IMO, is worth fighting for.

..end of rant..