PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info for pilots looking to get into Emirates
Old 16th May 2011, 05:09
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bokkenrijder - not everybody has the luxury of choice when first entering this industry in terms of their employer. You comments are pretty irrational and possibly insulting!
Hey, I didn't start off with a major straight away, but I had to endure a few years of SleazyJet in order to get where I am today. The difference is that I chose to either improve my situation, or stay with easyJet. I deliberately decided to not apply with companies that treat their employees in a similar manner than most LCC regardless if they fly 777's or 380's and offer a premium product. Don't forget that you are not the customer, you are the employee.

Just watch the video's to which I linked earlier. The similarities (the fatigue, the micro-management, the FCI/NTC fetisism, middle management hiding from real work, the chronic crew shortages) to that big Orange LCC I worked for are remarkable.
Also note the kind of comments (positive vs negative) and the location ("sandpit" "Don'tBai" "Pit" "Dubai" "UAE" "Among camels and dunes") of the people replying.
The videos however require you to have a little bit of patience and an attention span, something not found a lot in today's generation of "must have command on 777 by age 30" pilots. Oh yeah, it also requires reading, not just wishful thinking.

You comments are pretty irrational and possibly insulting!
Irrational and insulting? Oh dear! Didn't your mummy warn you about that big evil reality show called "life?"

The only thing irrational is doing the same thing over and over again (joining a similar company you're now trying to run away from, one with rapidly degrading T&C's just because they fly bigger and shinier jets) and expecting a different result.