PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - funding your ATPL training
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 21:41
Milton1995

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
'as i have been reliably informed that this summer would be good time to start training due to the beginning of a general upturn, as well as the creaming off of senior pilots to the east, both making lots of vacancies. also i presume i can transfer a fair bit of knowledge gleaned from my year on this course to passing the ground exams.'

(IMHO)Please no, no no no no! I hear this being said so often it kills me! Agree with the knowledge part but the so called pilot shortage does not exist! There is a job market here with thousands of pilots unemployed who have much more experience than a newbie out of an FTO with 250 hours TT. Ok, senior pilots are retiring, but when the industry went belly up, other senior pilots were layed off or demoted, so while you think this will cause an 'updraft' it wont, because the spaces can be filled with ease. Also like earlier as i said, there are so many pilots at the moment without a job who can fill the places that will become available in the future. Just have a quick look around the forums on here! You will soon see my point.

The market to date is one where a person who has the most money can buy themselves the RHS of an airliner, just look at eaglejet .

Seriously consider your options at the moment, train if you please, but be aware of the dangers, a 'dream' can lead you very far astray.