PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roster Patterns?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 13:32
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

That AF roster sounds amazing.

I work for BA on short-haul ( Eurofleet) and I am on the old, so called, good contract.

We bid for our work although some choose to work on a six on three off pattern. Those of us that bid get 10 days off per month and we bid for these days. The only criteria is that the bid has to be legal so one day off after 7 days work and two consecutive days off in fourteen.
We get 32-36 days leave a year.

On long-haul (Worldwide), they trigger either two day off or three days after a trip with a time change of over 6 hours and after a long range trip like say HongKong, they trigger four days off. They get similar leave, I think 32-36 days but nothing compared to you!

Our new crew on the new Mixed fleet get just 9 days off per month and if they take leave off in a month their days off get reduced! They also don't automatically trigger any days off after long-haul flights if the time change is less than six hours but they can bid for their days off. They do a mixture of long-haul and short haul and can do a set short haul work prior to a long haul flight and some long haul flights can be directly followed by a flight with no days off such as Nairobi could be followed by a St. Petersburg the next day!!Don't know how much leave they get but I do know if they take more than four days in a month, they get some of their days off taken away. BA also can use their leave as rest between flights!!

Looks like you have a great deal on AF and you get paid better too. Lucky you.

Last edited by Betty girl; 20th May 2011 at 12:15.