PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info for pilots looking to get into Emirates
Old 15th May 2011, 03:46
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking @ captbod

On my return flt I went over in my mind what may have gone wrong and at one point glanced at my pilots flight bag, the one I carried around the Emirates career centre for the 3 days containing my various books and paperwork. It's one of those typical flt cases that we all have, old and battered, bits of leather hanging off and covered in stickers.
So even though I wore a dark suit, clean shirt, tie and polished shoes did I fail because of my scruffy looking flt bag?, after all you are being assessed in one way or another the whole time and those who got through had new looking smart attache type cases.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm p!ssing myself with laughter! Please tell me that you're joking right?!

Well let's see captbod, don't you agree that a possible future employer is not worthy of your services if they fail to look past your shoddy flight case and rather than focus on your flying and management qualities as a pilot? Well, if that was the case then it again proves that they are obviously not looking for pilots but for the typical pay-for-training button pushing rich kids with a brand new Rimowa attache cases looking for a newer and bigger type rating to brag about to their friends. Let them! Be happy that EK didn't take you. As a matter of fact , harsh as it might sound right now, see it as a badge of honour!