PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th May 2011, 02:57
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl, it has been a while since I surfed the stormy waters of Pprune. We may be on the opposite side politically but I have do admire the way you have always held your own, in what has not always been the friendliest of environments.

Indeed had PCCC had more crew like you, they may have been a force to be reckoned with.

We now appear to have an offer of agreement from the Company that demands BASSA and ’89 not only operate jointly under the umbrella of Unite but merge as a truly unified negotiating body. I suspect our clinical psychologist has identified previous divisions as a flash point of our much reported ‘dysfunctionality’ (yes, I probably made that word up, Thesaurus not at hand lol).

More dysfunctionality is the negative nit picking evident both here and on the pro BASSA forums. After such a bitter prolonged dispute it is hard for some to drop the cyber armour and embrace each other.

Both sides appear to be asking who ‘won’ what and attempting to score points. Surely a Peace Treaty means our customer is the winner, as we focus our joint fight on regaining our place as a Brand to be trusted and envied.

May I suggest we stop dissecting and over analysing and commence working on how we are going to jointly repair the damage to our Brand and Communities?

It is not only Cabin Crew who will need to adapt to a new management style, Mr Williams may not be Mr Walsh but sometimes quiet authority is the most effective!

I am thrilled some of you are able to boast of having ‘high level’ meetings with IFCE, my personal lowly achievement is having Cabin Crew socialize down route, not worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize but vital baby steps in the healing process.

I must ask, are you pleased we have an opportunity to move forward and end the industrial hostilities? I ask, as many of you may be ex military and I am not getting a sense of positivity to the possibility of an honourable negotiated settlement. You may be natural warriors but BASSAMentalists are natural lovers and it is time for peace to be restored.

Some may accuse BASSA of being entrenched but revisiting Pprune, I feel some are missing the message. Mr Walsh has left the building. While Mr Williams may not be the ‘Good Cop’ stepping into his shoes, he is an Accountant with his eye on the bottom line. It is time to unify our previously divided energy and rebuild Brand Britain.

Globally, we are on a high after the Royal Wedding and we have the upcoming 2012 Olympics. As official backers for the Olympic bid, we should be capitalizing on this marketing opportunity.

Are you Backing BA or your personal agendas?

Betty Girl, rejoin BASSA or whatever our merged Union is named and change it from the inside. Your commitment and passion may prove the common ground in the much needed healing process for our Cabin Crew Community.

The postings made by Dingbaticus on this site are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions.