PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women Pilots
Thread: Women Pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2001, 09:16
Buffy Summers

Artifical Horizon, apart from BA can you name any UK airline that has any kind of quota for women pilots, because I have yet to come across one.
Bailed Out, thank you for the compliment (I think!), of course all female pilots are beautiful, sexy, intelligent AND can fly a plane.
As for this ongoing myth about airlines taking on women pilots because they have to, or letting them in even if they were not the best applicant its absolute rubbish.
I think BA might be the only airline that has anything like the standard 3% figure that should represent the % of female ATPL holders.
If you speak to female pilots you will find out all about the difficulties faced by airlines who still forget about the female pilots they have.
Things like no female uniforms available for months, issuing male fitting uniforms to women pilots, having entire manuals written only for "him" and with things like saying all pilots must have short hair, that sort of thing.
We are, believe me, still in the 20th century when it comes to this sort of thing.