PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th May 2011, 12:52
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Moo,
I will agree that those reassurances are good (although the agreement I signed did have reassurances that there would be independent reviews). It was always permanent, people were wrongly saying it was only for two years but that just referred to the pay deal but Bassa chose to spin it as being bad and not permanent!.

All the routes being long range bar one is not true
Nairobi, Atlanta and Luanda are not long rang. That's three.

I do agree that it was being done wrongly and the balance was not right.

It was like they were saying one good, one not so good, one good, one not so good but they were forgetting that, not so good trips outnumber good trips by 4:1 at least. So for it to have been fair it should have been, one good trip, three not so good.

However I don't think BA were counting in their figures the new routes, as they were not part of the worldwide trips in the first place!, so if you remove Haneda and San Diego it was not that unfair. You could hardly say that Worldwide crew were unhappy with losing Denver and Las Vegas either!.

Anyway it is good that you are now happy and hopefully we can all move on now.

As for BA agreeing that it was unfair, I don't think so, my manager told me that BF went into great detail in their meeting on Thursday morning saying he thought routes were being transferred fairly!! But at least, now that you have come to an agreement, these independent people can actually start monitoring it all, finally!

As ottergirl says it's time to stop this goading and lets get on and enjoy the end of this mess. In a way it is a good outcome if both sides feel they have won. We should all be happy!!!

Last edited by Betty girl; 14th May 2011 at 13:16.