PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th May 2011, 23:10
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly well said everyone on here tonight for some of the best posts I've read for ages. Top marks though to Sporran - that summed it all up perfectly.

BG. I know we haven't actually met at work but I do feel I know you from all the wonderful posts you put on here. However I have disagree with you regarding WW. I wrote to KW a few weeks ago and in his reply he openly mentioned that the main reason this dispute happened was because of the past failures of senior BA management. I agree.

Because of this failure over the last 20-30 years, it was going to take something of gargantuan proportions to get to where we are today. But it has happened and that's down mainly to WW. now let's get one thing straight here. I'm no friend of WW BUT he and probably Bill Francis have had to take some awful stuff thrown at them in the last two years. As has been said, TW and WW did the same deal as now back in October last year, but tomato boy wouldn't put it to HIS members. As I've mentioned before here, whoever has briefed WW throughout this dispute knows the whole history of Bassa. And that's why WW didn't give back ST in full last Oct. I know Mr. Holley enough to know that had he got ST back in full, he would have seen that as a weakness on BAs part, and he would have then moved onto the next thing. Give him an inch at your peril. Remember the famous announcement of an upcoming strike at 1000 on 10/10/10. ( or xxxx in bassa talk) That was so typical DH. So BG, I fully respect your viewpoint but in this case I disagree simply because I know what Holley is capable of ( hi dunc by the way xx ). it's not your fault in ANY way but you have to know DH to realise what he is capable of.

Sporron got it spot on with the good cop/ bad cop analogy regarding WW and KW. I said the same myself yesterday in fact.

Finally at work today I had the first of many no doubt, strikers giving me the 'winning look'. All I can say is that I'm actually ashamed and embarrassed that these so called colleagues are so naive and stupid IMO.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 13th May 2011 at 23:24. Reason: Spelling and extra info