PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th May 2011, 07:46
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Duncan's view of the deal.

Originally posted by Duncan Holley

What have you got?

A permanent contractual top up payment if you are out of pocket through routes going to mixed fleet - plus a review of fairness of distribution.

Staff travel back in it's entirety. (Remember that was only happening over WW's dead body).
No more VCCs
Independant binding arbitration for all discips and sackings
Your union back as before with reps in offices etc
a pay deal the same as the pilots
no new redeployment agreement
A guarantee that your agreements will be honoured as long as you remain employed at LHR as cabin crew.
Transfer rights and part-time tights restored on a vacancy led sytem
In house promotion will continue

There is probably more but I am still trying to calm down after coming in from a fantastic meeting and reading your post, but I will say this to you this my friend -

What you really have got out of this dispute is something that is not tangible, nor will it be of much financial benefit. It is something that money cannot buy - it is called dignity pride and respect and that means because of the stand you took, BA will now be treating you like human beings - you have earned the admiration of the trade union world and even the media who today were full of praise for what we have all done. And finally you will have learnt the value of unity, comradeship and togetherness that can only be achieved by standing up side by side to be counted in extreme adversity.
I have lost a lot of things during this dispute but i am so proud not only of myself but so proud in those of you who had the guts, the courage and the loyalty to back me, back BASSA and most importantly back yourself. I would do it all again, I suspect even with hindsight so would most of you.

Very sad that he cannot see that all this, in fact better than this could have been achieved without his useless and damaging strike. Very sad.

Although I am very happy that this is all over, I am still very upset at the damage caused by Bassa and by WW.

Had Bassa negotiated in the beginning none of this needed to happen. If they accepted the crew compliment changes that seem to be ok to them now! and formed a huge part of the savings BA wanted us crew to make back then, M/F may have been avoided and new entrants may have been able to join our fleets with a little bit of change on our parts.

Had WW not been so keen to punish strikers by NOT returning their staff travel and not understanding how unfair some of the dismissals were seen, this deal would have been accepted months and months ago because it is very similar to what I have already signed!

So pleased that KW has taken over and although the outcome is just what he and WW have both been wanting, it has been handled in a far more superior way.