PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info for pilots looking to get into Emirates
Old 13th May 2011, 05:06
captbod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought for those candidates about to attend the Emirates selection program.
I recently attended this program and failed on the final day. Whilst it's not a major issue for me as I have a good job with good prospects I was nonetheless dissappointed having done so well in the sim, compass test, abstract reasoning and pschycological profiling (so i was told by HR staff), only to fail the final day.
On my return flt I went over in my mind what may have gone wrong and at one point glanced at my pilots flight bag, the one I carried around the Emirates career centre for the 3 days containing my various books and paperwork. It's one of those typical flt cases that we all have, old and battered, bits of leather hanging off and covered in stickers.
So even though I wore a dark suit, clean shirt, tie and polished shoes did I fail because of my scruffy looking flt bag?, after all you are being assessed in one way or another the whole time and those who got through had new looking smart attache type cases.
I may be completely off course here "they may have just not taken to me" but for those about attend the program it's worth bearing in mind, get yourself a nice new flt bag, you don't want to fail because of something stupid like an accessory.
Please don't e-mail me regarding the details of the program, all the info is on the internet and I'm not into spending hours at the computer.
Best of luck.

CB

Last edited by captbod; 14th May 2011 at 00:37.