PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 01:45
chockchucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying desparately to keep the faith here Steve but, I'm not sure we shouldn't have had a three day blast of full-on PIA and then had a break. Some might say this backing off makes us look indecisive and weak.

Obviously, not being on the inside and privy to the exact status of negotiations with the company, we (the membership of the ALAEA) must continue to put our faith in you and the negotiating team. I just hope we haven't given the company more breathing space to carry out what now appears to be their final objective of transfering as much of Qantas off-shore that they possibly can.

I hope that this retreat from imminent PIA is either an indication that a satisfactory settlement is close or, that in four weeks time the pilots are in a position to help us simultaneously outflank and bring more attention to the corrupt QF management with their own PIA.

Whatever the case, you (and the negotiating team) still certainly enjoy the support of the vast majority of the membership. And although I am extremely sceptical of any hope you may have of seeing a change in attitude from the vast Qantas management bureaucracy anytime soon, nobody will be more happy than me if I am proven wrong.

Keep up the good work.