PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th May 2011, 22:06
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bettygirl said :
I am very happy, although I am still a bit apprehensive about the future.

Firstly sorry but my Internet is down so having to resort to the phone!!

Yes I'm happy too it seems it's finally over and as far as I'm concerned Bassa have achieved zero in the big scheme of life. The best bit of the agreement I read was that the reps wouldn't in the future be able to ' manipulate' their working lives/rosters as before. I'm assuming there will be a big reduction in their numbers as Bassa/ unite won't be involved in the far end of a fart that they were before. Personally for me this was the opportunity for BA to finally finish Bassa off. That's not happened and for me that's a possible accident waiting to happen. The reps will by default see this as a big ' way back in' and BA will have to ensure with great resolve in the upcoming months that they are kept in line. If not it's back down the old slippery path once again.

I for one will NEVER EVER AGAIN give Bassa one breath from my body or one penny from my pocket. They are rotten to the core. What concerns me is that although DH and Lalalady will now probably go, they will ensure they put on place people who will follow the 'Bassa mantra' into the future.

I still believe there might be a place for PCCC in the future. Let's be honest here. There are upwards of 4000+ crew who are without any union backing and another 4000 who are still in unite yet seemingly ' unhappy' as they voted no or didn't bother. I understand more than most why the PCCC didn't come out. As someone who has been on the receiving end of bassa's physical thuggery, I know why it's easier said than done to do what some here see as possible weakness. I cannot say fully what I'd love to say here, but I have real reservations about how this is all going to pan out. My 'sad' guess is that within 18 months we will have further problems. Bassa are still here to fight another day, and I know from the past that as leapards don't change their spots, then neither will Bassa really change for the better. BA have got to keep a real handle on this or believe me their will be trouble.

Finally the other problem in all of this is that many sadly in the Bassa camp 'see' this as a victory. They are already crowing on this other sites about the fact that had the ' scabs' joined them in their fight, this would have all ended months ago. We , the non strikers, will always be seem as the enemy, as though KW may see this as ' peace in our time' he doesn't have to work on a daily basis in this atmosphere like we do.

I really want to think positively here but I know Bassa from old and therefore don't trust them an inch now or in the future

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 13th May 2011 at 07:23.