PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Views on AAC
Thread: Views on AAC
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2002, 07:59
flygunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutley
Its a fair comment but look at the question from Stu. If he was asking about a career as an Army Officer then different answers all round, but he wants to fly. No one would deny its a great life, I had a fantastic 23 yrs in the AAC and would tell anyone to give it a shot but whats the point in lying about what a regular officer is likely to expect?
Christopher Robin is particulary bitter and perhaps you have to balance what he says with a little less emotion. He is correct though and the AAC has to decide what it wants from its regular officers. Right now the emphasis is getting high quality people through staff college and then into influential positions where they can make a difference.
Flying is unimportant when that is the game plan, thats why the AAC has sncos and LEs as its aviator base.
Personally I dont think a career as an AAC officer is so bad and sometimes the bigger picture of aviation takes preference. Also, read and listen to the RAF threads here and elswhere, lots of complaints of excessive time away. Talk to a C130 pilot and you will begin to get a picture. I dont think that would bother Stu though.