PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th May 2011, 20:19
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PCCC had the intelligence and the foresight to sign up nearly a year ago to THE EXACT SAME OFFER that BASSA are signing up to today, so I fail to see how that is a "loss"? The PCCC have had a payrise since 1 Feb. I see that as success.

The PCCC never set out to be a union (that was forced upon it due to BASSA complaining to the certification office).

The PCCC didn't set out to destroy BASSA - they did that themselves as they now have virtually 50% less membership.

The PCCC was, as specified in all our communications, simply a group of cabin crew getting together to save our customers from strike action, to save our jobs, to try and secure our terms and conditions and ultimately to save our company.

And we achieved 100% of those objectives. I'd say that was pretty successful.
HiFlyer14 is online now Report Post Reply
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the payrise was to all that were not in the union, the PCCC had nothing to do with it, they had no part in that decision. Trying to claim it as a PCCC victory is opportunistic at best. The union status of the PCCC is an irrelevance because they have no voice and represent no-one.

The PCC had a wonderful opportunity to become something, all they have achieved is a footnote in history, their day has past due to a lack of courage.

A shame, as I had hoped you would take the opportunity to do better.