PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th May 2011, 19:59
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PCCC on the other hand are the clear losers, they have lost their moment in the sun. They will not trouble us again; they lost when they did not have the guts or gumption to step into the light and disavow their anonymity.

The PCCC had the intelligence and the foresight to sign up nearly a year ago to THE EXACT SAME OFFER that BASSA are (probably) signing up to today, so I fail to see how they are "losers"? The PCCC have had a payrise since 1 Feb. I see that as success.

The PCCC never set out to be a union (that was forced upon it due to BASSA complaining to the certification office).
The PCCC didn't set out to destroy BASSA - they did that themselves as they now have virtually 50% less membership.

The PCCC was, as specified in all communications, simply a group of cabin crew getting together to save our customers from strike action, to save cabin crew jobs, to try and secure our terms and conditions and ultimately to save our company.

And we achieved 100% of those objectives. I'd say that was pretty successful.