PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th May 2011, 17:21
Yellow Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl - The pilots deal was a complicated balance of trading surplus headcount for productivity improvements to retain jobs, whilst voluntary reducing staff numbers through VR for those who actually wanted to go. The remaining pay cut was simply the balance of savings required. I don't doubt the pilots you spoke to told you what they did. That doesn't mean that they understand the mechanics or motivation behind the cut. Some don't. Next time you hear those sentiments, perhaps give them a little surprise by asking them if they'd prefer to have cancelled the 2.61% cut but instead had compulsory pilot redundancies with no guarantee that Last In First Out would be honoured. I find that tends to focus minds.

Waterside - the hard work of the VCC means today BASSA has capitulated and you can finally get to enjoy the pay rise that your non-union colleagues had months ago. Both you and I can be thankful for that.