PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another AW139 tail incident at Gulf helis
Old 12th May 2011, 16:14
outhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to come back for the last time. Sorry about the typo, should have said Kevlar and thanks for the correction, however though an old *soldier and maybe infirm I get the impression that my main point was completely ignored.
I have deleted my post. I felt that it may have been of interest regarding the history, visual impression and the view of the area after the paint covering had been removed. With the present discussions and the lack of information available maybe my observations may have been informative.*
However over the last 45 odd-years and the mechanical failures that have cost many lives and the times that I have attended funerals of old friends, Has technology and the improved computerised systems to assess structural integrity made you any more confidant than the old farts regarding the product you fly. Or are you still looking at the same progression of failures possible loss of life, fix the problem and see the progression through the ongoing A, B, C versions until it becomes a reliable, respected and safe working machine.*

I wish you all safe flying and blue skies, this old timer is hanging his head set up and accepting that after a life that has given me an opportunity to participate in a exiting and challenging job it must*
come to an end.
Outhouse signing off.