PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th May 2011, 11:50
flyeruk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BG
I guess that goes back to action and reaction in human nature.

I was told by our previous leader (about 18 months ago) the reason they were playing hard ball was because they didn't want to be still in dispute in 18 months time. Which to me shows a lack of understanding of how quickly crew get used to things and 18 months to 2 years later the damage done is going to take a massive repair job.

Removing a crew member with an agreement of reviewing crewing levels at agreed increments, I'm sure, would have been agreed to and avoided all this.

If this had been the case the current industrial dispute wouldn't have escalated to where it is today.

For me whether the initial ballot for strike action was rushed into or not, the agreement being broken was enough for me to support the ballot.

While I don't agree with your stance in much the same way as you probably don't agree with mine, I do accept it and hope you accept mine.

I do think the current situation could have been resolved without brinkmanship on both sides.

Last edited by flyeruk69; 11th May 2011 at 12:37.