PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th May 2011, 22:54
Count Niemantznarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately Col White I am not naive enough to believe that Mr Walsh would not appoint a successor, who was likely to unravel his good works?

From my contact with MF crew, pay does seem to be an issue. They are complaining that they are not making the advertised amount. Col White would even argue that is a good thing; how lucky they are to be in a job which "keeps them below the threshold where the student loan repayments kick in".

I think also before certain correspondents here get too excited about a show of hands this Thursday at Bedfont, whereby the constitution of the union, being democratic you see, is that there will be a postal vote on any agreement thrashed out.

I might add that I resigned from BALPA on the very issue of democracy, and my point of principal was the way the pay cut was foisted on us. So I believe it is churlish of some posters here to debate how BASSA conducts its business.

In my job, I have to deal with facts, information and change, not hypothetical or mystical presumptions as some people are making here.