PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia it is!
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 17:48
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some fair points raised about my comments, re the A330. It's true that an E-Jet F/O transferring across to it would see a significant hike in pay, & admittedly my comments were biased from the perspective of a 737 driver (in which case the pay issue is really no incentive at all), & we also have some excellent Check Captains who went across, of which I would be very happy to share a cockpit with. But those points aside, I stand by my comments that, if you're already on the 737, I fail to see any major incentive to jump across - for the reasons I already stated. I'm already A330 endorsed, & on that basis alone would have been only too happy to make the move, but a measly 5% pay increase - offset by a reduction in total pay due to reduced overnight allowances - along with a base transfer & the prospect of doing nothing but Perth returns for the foreseeable future, just didn't add up for me.

Nevertheless I still maintain that the company is a good place to be right now, & the future does look promising.