PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia it is!
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 07:33
bulldog_pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Bunglerat,

I will be registering interest with VB in the not too distant future.
As with you I am looking at the whole package. I have a well paid job at the moment however aspects of the job are moving in a direction I am not interested in pursuing. I am willing to take a step back/sideways in the interim to hopefully secure a position in a company that is moving in the right direction and appears to have pretty good morale.
I have done a similar thing before and did not regret it, however it is now time to move on as priorities have changed. I am keen to apply for the airline that is correct for me in the long term, not just a shotgun resume approach to whoever has an AOC.

As for the progression, i have been at the bottom before and worked my way up so will not be anything too new to me. It really comes down to the guys and gals you fly with as well as the management. If they are good egg's life is good.

I have held and still hold a command appointment which is great fun, rewarding and challenging, however new company, new routes, procedures, people and location will give life enough spice for me to be happy. At the end of the day I love flying, certainly beats the days of crawling under houses and in roofs as a tradie, but sure not going to see my soul.

Thanks again for your substantial post and time

Cheers Bulldog