PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th May 2011, 23:42
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by demomonkey
I heard a 3rd hand rumour that later this year the company will be offering voluntary redundancy to current crew (i.e. not MF). Anyone else heard this?

It seems that if it is true, BASSA's continued resistance is futile. May I say again: Is Mr Hollly on WW's payroll? And why do people still pay monthly dues to BASSA an organisation that seems to have outlived it's sell by date.

I imagine that some sort of VR package is/always has been a possibility. But there's not a company on the planet that offers it just to be nice ... it's only offered when there's a serious need to offload people, and when all other possibilities have been exhausted. (It has, I know, been recently offered and taken-up, in others depts).

If a strike comes along, then it's highly likely IMO, that a few hundred CC will in fact offload themselves anyway. So I can't see BA being in any rush at the moment.

Let's imagine (as JT rightly indicates above) that a show of bassa hands results in a strike taking place. It'll be ineffectual as has been shown before. A few hundred might find themselves out of work, or maybe not. But at the end of it, what will have been solved/settled? Absolutely NOTHING.

Bassa have, by their own actions, driven themselves and their members into a very tight cul-de-sac, and there's nobody to help guide them out of it.