PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th May 2011, 23:35
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TorC

The way its likely to go is the 'USUAL' way it goes, when there is 'a show of hands' in a Bassa auditorium. I really feel that DH literally lives in the 70's with this type balloting of his members. It is literally incredulous IMO. He has ONCE AGAIN engineered a situation where HE will get what HE wants. I know a number of you here want to believe that Bassa, and in particular DH, wants to really try and find a way forward, but as I've said on numerous occasions here, this man is a 'despot' who wants to very sadly carry this charade on for as long as it takes.

On Thursday, noone will dare to go against the status quo and DH knows that. The peer pressure itself in these meetings is total. The last Bassa meeting I attended ( I won't be attending any more I can tell you) DH announced the ballot by a show of hands as to whether Bassa would negotiate with BA in the future ( Nov 09). After a resounding show of 'yes' hands, his actual words were, I quote - ' Is there anyone brave enough to vote No - I thought not' - Unquote, I would be very interested to know what Litebulbs feelings are on all of this.

As VintageKrug as said on the pax forum, the show of hands on Thursday is a foregone conclusion and that in lots of ways Bassa going to a strike option will hopefully put this sorry situation to bed once and for all.