PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 20:49
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about this for Spin?

This really made me laugh - in an obviously desperate attempt to hide the fact that the only new scheduled route from BHX this summer is a (surely seasonal?) 4xpw service to Montpellier, the Marketing Team have truly excelled themselves. Forget the press release excuses about falling pax numbers, this beats them all: the (finally) revised BHX online scheduled timetable now lists La Romana, Cancun, Montego Bay and a host of Med hotspots as new scheduled destinations! How so? Well, all TOM operated flights have, according to BHX, suddenly metamorphasised into scheduled services!! What an inspired piece of thinking to beef up your flight offerings! Yes, I know that you can buy seat only tickets on TOM flights but to categorise them as actual scheduled services does push credibility and spin a step too far? What on earth will Marketing do next, actually attract a real new scheduled airline or destination. Perish the thought! You gotta however admire their cheek!

PS If TOM flights are in fact treated as scheduled I will stand very corrected, go to the back of the class and eat a big slice of humble pie but checking other major airports online timetables, I haven't seen any include TOM as a scheduled operator and i'm sure they would if these flights were? At least EMA would then have the long haul scheduled flights they are so keen to have!