PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF A330 severe hard landing ccs
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 18:13
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemurian and Australiancalou are bickering like old women for a hard landing ? What is it going to be when 447 DFDR and CVR contends are published. I sure as egg will be taking cover.

Astraliancalou, it strikes me in this that the responsability of a hard landing has to be shoved on AF management laps. Who do you think you are kidding ????
Ever heard of a stabilized approach, ya know things like stable vertical speed and approach speed and not a nightmarish 1800 ft a min at 200 ft ? The hard floor is 500 ft, which means that with this horror scenario they should have been nose in the sun buggering off to Mars.
I happen to be working for this fine airline and this I can tell you : every time I f....d up and I wished it hadn't been that many times ( praise the lord I didn't make headline news ).....it was I and not my boss who was sitting in the left hand seat. Read me son ?
Every single time I felt like horse manure and raked my brain at how not to
EVER do it again. That's why I never thought of myself like an invincible hotshot. If anything, this job has humbled me more than I would have wished.
There are truck loads of men and women who feel the way I feel and that I'm happy to be able to call colleagues.
As to Qantas which you so eloquently mention without knowing too much about it,
I doubt they would put up with the kind of nonsense that has been going on
for too long now.

We are in an industry and in a particular airline that so far, treats us fairly and
pays us well. The least we could do would be to admit and correct when we
screw the pooch.
Sure thing, there are systemic issues which I can't discuss here, but the buck starts with us and stops with us. That's a ****ty deal, I know but it's no different from what BA, LH or QF get thrown on their laps. Trust me, I have been in this joint long enough to be able to tell you it wasn't always like this.
Sure, our now retired elders had sometimes foul moods and were not always easy to handle, but one thing is sure, they were responsible and accountable and would have rather performed Sepuku than give this sorry display of self pitty " not me not not me "
Grow up son ! No one is going to clean up after you.
We all have to do our homework on this one and if not for ourselves ( if you don't hive a s..t anymore ) at least for the people who trust us with their lives.
Otherwise, we'll soon be out of a job and I'm not sure people like gou will like the taste of what the real world out there is all about. I've been there and I don't want to go back.
And yes, the Colin report was the best ever stuff written in years, and that's why it was shelved in the attic by the unions.

As to our usual all too happy whatever south of the Channel country bashers and who rolled themselves in dust screaming at 411's death news. Do show some decency in your comments, will ya ? I can take a punch on the chin, however, I resent mud sligging.

Last edited by Me Myself; 8th May 2011 at 19:02.