PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th May 2011, 17:03
hula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's nice to be looking forward for a change
Malcolmf...totally agree on this! Maybe Fruitbat would like to join us for a juice round in WT one day!!

I think that what you suggest sounds interesting, in principle.

Unfortunately, due to restrictive working practices and agreements we are unable to do this. Because we bid for working positions on seniority, it would throw a cat amongst the pigeons to suddenly decide on the day that I would like to work in First. Being honest, I can't imagine many CSDs opting to work in WT voluntarily!! Also, the WT service is hard to break away from if needed whereas the Club/First service is.

I understand where you are coming from and think that alternating/rotating between First and Club would be a positive thing. I think that our presence is more important in the premium cabins especially during the service to maintain consistency and high standards.

Interestingly, LGW operate with the CM working in Club and one Purser in WT and MF operate with the CSM in Club and no Pursers at all.